UK - Mercer Human Resource Consulting is to provide actuarial, investment, legal and benefit consulting services to the Omnetica Pension Plan.
The move follows the launch of a new defined contribution plan at the firm, which is expected to have a membership in excess of 600.
Mercer senior consultant Mark Whitcombe said: “This is an important relationship for Mercer and we very much look forward to working in partnership with Omnetica to provide optimum benefits for its staff.”
Omnetica – which offers network solutions and services for enterprises and service providers – has approximately 1000 staff throughout Europe.
It was set up in September 2002 and consists of the former Siemens Network Systems of the UK, Arche Communications in France and PRES in Italy.
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts – a US private equity firm – owns 81% of the firm with Siemens holding the remaining 19%.
A suite of liability driven investment (LDI) indices has been launched by STOXX and RiskFirst to aid trustees and consultants select, monitor and challenge managers.
British Airways and the trustees of one of its pension schemes are set to argue over the purpose of a pension scheme, leading to an impactful judgment for DB pensions. James Phillips explores the issue
Bank of England governor Mark Carney has said there is still a lot of data to consider before the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) can decide when to next hike interest rates.
Savers are not squandering their tax-free lump sums under Freedom and Choice but are taking a more cautious approach to retirement, according to Prudential research.