JAPAN - Japan Investor Relations and Investor Support (J-IRIS), a subsidiary of Mizuho Securities, the investment banking arm of Mizuho Financial Group, has entered the institutional investor market.
J-IRIS was established to contribute to the realisation of efficient capital markets through the support of well-run corporations and sound investors.
The body provides services to institutional investors based on research and analysis on the various ways that they can carry out their duties to maximise returns.
The services include:
- Research and analysis of what is expected from institutional investors on behalf of the ultimate beneficiaries.
- Reviews of corporate governance practice at companies in support of institutional investors as they seek to maximise returns.
- Provision of information to enable institutional investors to constructively exercise votes at shareholders meetings. J-IRIS also helps institutions to prepare voting guidelines.
- Research and analysis of international corporate governance as well as consulting services.
- Investor education program
By Janet Du Chenne
Investors, driven by depressed interest rates, slower global economic growth and rich equity market valuations are examining non-traditional investment opportunities.
The registration deadline for the Workplace Savings & Benefits Awards 2019 is today.
This week's top stories were the DWP giving the green light to CDC and TPR granting extensions for 11 master trust authorisation applications.
Susan Martin says building strong foundations for business are the only way forward as the pensions industry is radically shaken up