Professional Pensions is holding a live Q+A with four UK Pensions Awards judges at 11am tomorrow (6 January) to explain exactly what they are looking for in submissions and to give you a chance to pose your questions to our panel of judges.
To register for the live Q+A visit: https://ukpensionsawards.com/live/en/page/registration-page-1
The UK Pensions Awards 2021 - which celebrate excellence within the pensions industry - are now open for registration.
This year's event will mark the 24th anniversary of the UK Pensions Awards and will take place at a (hopefully in-person) ceremony in September.
This year, we will be including a number of innovations to help you complete your entries.
As well as publishing an entry guidance pack, we will also be hosting a live Q+A with judges who will explain exactly what they are looking for in submissions and give you their top tips on what makes a good entry.
To receive a copy of the entry guidance pack please register for the awards (see below).
This year there will be two stages in the awards process - the deadlines of which are as follows:
1. Registration: Firms need to register for the awards and let us know what categories they plan to enter by Friday 15 January. To register, please visit: www.ukpensionsawards.com/live/en/page/2021-registration.
Registration is hugely important. Registering to enter for the awards will mean we can send you essential updates about the UK Pensions Awards 2021 as soon as they are available.
It will also give you access to entry guidance and allow you to listen to our live Q+A with judges.
2. Entry submission: Firms that register will then have to submit an entry form. The judges will use this form to draw up the finalists list and decide on the final winners. The deadline for receipt of the entries is Friday, 26 February 2021.
The entry forms and submissions will be considered by a panel of judges made up from professionals from across the occupational pensions industry. These judges will be announced in Professional Pensions over the coming weeks.
The finalists list will be published on Monday, 3 May 2021 and the winners will be announced at a ceremony in September 2021.
Please note that our entry forms will be accessible on our website very soon and we will let you know as soon as our dedicated 2021 awards website is live.
We have made a number of changes to the category list for the 2021 awards in response to feedback we have received.
We have removed the DC Investment Innovation of the Year category, responding to feedback this category was too similar to the DC Investment Manager of the Year. Likewise, we have withdrawn the Fixed Income Innovation of the Year category due to its overlap with the Fixed Income Manager of the Year category. We have also renamed the Sponsor Covenant Provider of the Year category to Sponsor Covenant / IRM Adviser of the Year to reflect the broader range of work done by firms in this area.
The full list of categories for the 2021 awards is:
Pensions Personality of the Year Award:
The Pensions Personality of the Year Award will, as in previous years, be decided by an industry-wide nomination and voting process - no entries are needed in this category. The winner of the award will be unveiled at the UK Pensions Awards presentation
- Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year
- DC Consultancy of the Year
- Investment Consultancy of the Year
- Pension Lawyers of the Year
- Pensions Litigation Firm of the Year
- Risk Reduction Adviser of the Year
- Fiduciary Evaluator of the Year
- DC Pension Provider of the Year
- DC Investment Manager of the Year
- DC Multi-Asset Fund Manager of the Year
- DC Master Trust of the Year
- DC Innovation of the Year
- Investment Manager of the Year
- Fiduciary Manager of the Year
- Institutional Investment Platform Provider of the Year
- Equity Manager of the Year
- Fixed Income Manager of the Year
- Factor Investing Manager of the Year
- DB Multi-Asset Manager of the Year
- Emerging Markets Manager of the Year
- Real Estate Manager of the Year
- Alternative Investment Manager of the Year
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Manager of the Year
- Liability-Driven Investment (LDI) Manager of the Year
- Cashflow-driven Investment (CDI) Manager of the Year
- Risk Reduction Provider of the Year
- DB Investment Innovation of the Year
- Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award
- Independent Trustee of the Year
- Third-Party Administrator of the Year
- Technology Innovation of the Year
- Pensions Communication Initiative of the Year
- DB Master Trust / Consolidator of the Year
- Educational and Thought Leadership Initiative of the Year
- Sponsor Covenant / IRM Adviser of the Year *** Renamed for 2021***
- Retirement Innovation of the Year
For any queries relating to the awards process, please contact Joshua Wrazen via [email protected].
Tender Watch: GMC scheme reappoints Aon; Homes England hires Hymans; Civil Service appoints NTT Data for CSPS and RMSPS schemes
Professional Pensions rounds up some of the latest tender awards from across the industry.
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ (IFoA) Actuarial Research Centre (ARC) has published a report considering the judgement and decision making by pension trustees.
In this week’s Pensions Buzz survey we want to know whether you agree The Pensions Regulator’s approach to the defined benefit (DB) funding code is the correct one.
Broadstone has been sold by Livingbridge to Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) for an undisclosed sum.
Mobius Life has launched a service to provide pension schemes with a report which collates asset managers’ ESG themes to help trustees complete their annual implementation statements.