We are looking to compile a definitive list of pensions master trusts in the UK and are looking for your help...
We understand there are as many as 70 pension master trusts in the UK - can you help us find the ones we have missed?
The list we have so far is as follows - please send additions or amendments to [email protected]
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has published a list of 'approved' master trust providers which meet the master trust assurance framework (MAF).
All schemes wishing to join the regulator's list are required to demonstrate they have obtained an independent report showing whether they have met standards set out in the voluntary master trust assurance framework.
The regulator also carries out a number of checks relating to the scheme covering tax relief in member communications and other potential risks.
PP's definitive list of providers is:
- The Amber Pension Trust
- The Aon MasterTrust*+
- Ascot Lloyd Pension Trust (formerly the PFP Group Master Trust)*
- Atlas Master Trust (Capita Employee Benefits)+*
- Autoenrolment.co.uk (see note)
- The Aviva Master Trust+
- The Beaufort Consulting Master Trust
- The BBS MasterPlan
- The BlackRock Master Trust
- BlueSky Pension Scheme
- The Carey Workplace Pension Trust
- The Cheviot Trust
- Citrus Pension Plan
- Crystal Trust
- The Company Pension Scheme (Carey Pensions)
- Corpad Mastertrust
- Creative Pension Trust (Creative Auto Enrolment)*
- The Ensign Retirement Plan +
- Ethika Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fairstone Pensions Trust (TRUST|Pensions)
- Family Asset Pension Trust
- The Federated Pension Plan
- The Federated Retirement Savings Plan
- Fidelity Master Trust
- Friendly Pensions Mastertrust (see note)
- The Friends Life My Money Master Trust
- GenLife Master Trust (see note)
- GPC Auto Enrolment Master Trust
- Islamic Pension Trust (Carey Pensions)
- The Legal & General WorkSave Mastertrust (relief at source)+*
- The Legal & General WorkSave Mastertrust (net pay basis)+*
- LifeSight (Willis Towers Watson) +*
- The Lighthouse Pensions Trust
- Legal & General Master Trust*
- Mercer Master Trust
- Moore Stephens Pensions Master Trust
- The NAEA ARLA Master Trust (The National Association of Estate Agents)
- National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) *+
- National Pension Trust (Xafinity Consulting) *+
- Now Pensions+
- Nurture Pensions
- Open Pension Trust
- The People's Pension (B&CE) *+
- TPT Retirement Solutions *+
- The Premier Life Master Trust (Premier Pensions Management)
- The Premier Retirement Saver (Premier Pensions Management)
- Railways Pension Scheme Industry Wide Defined Contribution Section +
- Salvus Master Trust (Goddard Perry Consulting)
- SEI Master Trust *
- Standard Life Master Trust*
- The Spinnaker Master Trust (Goddard Perry Consulting)
- Strawberry Workplace Pension
- SuperTrust UK
- Workers Pension Trust*
- Welplan Pensions *+
- YourWorkplacePension (Close Brothers Asset Management)
- Zurich Master Trust (Zurich)
Links to the master trusts are provided where available.
* Master trusts marked with an asterix are on The Pensions Regulator's 'approved' list of providers - meeting both the master trust assurance framework and passing a series of other checks undertaken by the regulator.
+ Master trusts with this symbol have been awarded Pensions Quality Mark (PQM) Ready status - recognising they have met the Pension Quality Mark standards for master trusts and multi-employer schemes. For more information on this scheme, visit: http://www.pensionqualitymark.org.uk/pqmready
Last updated: 7 November 2017
Friendly Pensions Mastertrust has rebranded as Genlife
Smart Pension Master Trust has rebranded as autoenrolment.co.uk
Many single-employer trust-based DC schemes will move to a master trust in coming years. Stephen Richards looks at the pitfalls they need to avoid
Robin Ellison says it is not unreasonable for schemes and their trustees and sponsors also to expect an improvement in the tone of regulation
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has ordered a firm to pay back more than £700,000 of pension contributions after it miscalculated the amounts due for more than a year.
Insurers are set to face a "flood of requests" from pension schemes for buy-in contracts to be restructured to allow for guaranteed minimum pension (GMP) equalisation, Aon warns.