Professional Pensions is looking to update its list of pensions master trusts in the UK ahead of authorisation. Can you help?
At least 30 master trusts have or will exit the market as a result of authorisation leaving at least 50 schemes which will need to apply to The Pensions Regulator for authorisation or exit in the coming months.
We are looking to compile a list charting the progress of master trust authorisation, listing the master trusts currently in the market and flagging up those who have applied for authorisation or exited the market.
Can you help us keep this list up to date?
The list we have so far is as follows - please send additions or amendments to [email protected]
DC master trusts:
Master trusts that have applied for authorisation...
- Bluesky Pension Scheme (Evolve Pensions)
- The Crystal Trust (Evolve Pensions)
- The Legal & General WorkSave Mastertrust
- LifeSight (Willis Towers Watson)
Other master trusts…
- The Aegon Master Trust (formerly the BlackRock Master Trust)
- The Amber Pension Trust
- The Aon MasterTrust
- Ascot Lloyd Pension Trust (formerly the PFP Group Master Trust)
- Atlas Master Trust (Capita Employee Benefits)
- The Aviva Master Trust (formerly the Friends Life Master Trust)
- The BBS MasterPlan
- The Cheviot Trust
- Corpad Mastertrust
- Creative Pension Trust (Creative Auto Enrolment)
- Ethika Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- The Federated Retirement Savings Plan
- Fidelity Master Trust
- Islamic Pension Trust (Carey Pensions)
- The Lighthouse Pensions Trust
- The Mercer Master Trust
- Moore Stephens Pensions Master Trust
- The NAEA ARLA Master Trust (The National Association of Estate Agents)
- National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
- National Pension Trust (Xafinity Consulting)
- Now Pensions
- Nurture Pensions
- The People's Pension (B&CE)
- The Premier Retirement Saver (Premier Pensions Management)
- Salvus Master Trust (Goddard Perry Consulting)
- Scottish Widows Master Trust (formerly the Zurich Master Trust)
- SEI Master Trust
- Smart Pension
- Standard Life Master Trust
- Strawberry Workplace Pension
- SuperTrust UK
- The Pensions Trust
- Workers Pension Trust
- The Workplace Pension (Carey Pensions)
- Welplan Pensions
- BCF Pension Scheme
Mergers and exits so far…
- Complete Master Trust (Merged into the Salvus Master Trust in April 2018)
- GenLife (rebranded from Friendly Pensions Mastertrust and then merged with Smart Pension in 2015)
- The Open Pensions Trust (Merged into The Crystal Trust in 2018)
- YourWorkplacePension (formerly the Close Brothers Asset Management Master Trust. This was merged into The People's Pension in April 2018)
DB master trusts:
Professional Pensions is also looking to compile a list of DB master trusts... So far, we have the below - please let us know if you have any amends.
Last updated: 17 January 2019
Smart Pension has absorbed more than 6,500 members from the Corporate Pensions Trust (CPT) after its trustees decided not to apply for authorisation.
The Defined Contribution Investment Forum (DCIF) has reappointed Vivek Roy as chairman for 2019 following a vote at its annual general meeting last November.
One of the most serious problems with GDP is that it fails to measure the impact of economic growth on the planet's finite environmental resources. As economist Kenneth Boulding once put it: "Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever...