PP compiled some Christmas questions to test your knowledge of the festive season for some light hearted relief from the busy year in pensions. Here are the answers!
Thank you for all your entries, here are the answers to our Christmas quiz!
Congratulations to all those who got all the correct answers. We have picked two people from a hat to win the Amazon vouchers and these are John Sharratt and Adrian Furnell!
Happy New Year!
Christmas song anagrams:
- Marshiest Witch (5, 9) White Christmas
- Hatch Sled Elk (4, 3, 5) Deck the Halls
- It Hitched A Sky Snowstorm (2, 4, 4, 3, 9) Do They Know It's Christmas?
- A Freaky Foolery Twin (9, 2, 3, 4) Fairytale of New York
- Glisten Thin (6, 5) Silent Night
- Bell Lens Jig (6, 5) Jingle Bells
- Clash Star Mist (4, 9) Last Christmas
- Glanced Goose Winks (4, 4, 9) Good King Wenceslas
- Blathers Music (4, 9) Blue Christmas
- Snowy After Months (6, 3, 7) Frosty the Snowman
- Which Christmas movie has been played more than any other? It's a Wonderful Life
- What is the name of the Grinch's dog in ‘how the Grinch stole Christmas'? Max
- What is Scrooge's dead business partner called? Jacob Marley
- Which author wrote it is "always winter but never Christmas"? C S Lewis
- ‘Miracle on 34th Street' centres on what real-life department store? Macy's
- Who invented the Christmas cracker? Tom Smith
- Who decided the date for Christmas would be December 25th? Pope Julius I
- What decade was the first Christmas card sent in the UK? 1840s
- What Christmas decoration was originally made of strands of silver? Tinsel
- How many reindeer are featured in the poem ‘Twas the night before Christmas'? Eight
The Co-operative Group's Somerfield Pension Scheme has completed a buy-in with Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC), insuring the benefits of its pensioner members.
Caroline Rookes CBE and Michele Hirons-Wood have joined The Pension Superfund's board of trustees to focus on maintaining governance standards and safeguarding member benefits.
The first specialist independent firm advising pension schemes on bulk annuities or moving to a consolidator has been set up with ambitions to shake up the market.