Download the digital version of the latest Professional Pensions print edition here.
This week's articles include:
- Defined benefit: Consolidating DB schemes could prove a solution for small schemes with significant deficits, but how can the UK move ahead?
- Guaranteed income: Freedom and Choice has spawned worries that people could spend their savings too early. Michael Klimes considers a way to prevent this
- Pensions Buzz: Industry believes DB members should have access to the new advice allowance
- Regulation: Darren Philp looks at what needs to happen to make the pensions dashboard a success
- Regulation: Steven Baxter believes we need a reality check when it comes to talking about the State Pension age
In this week's Pensions Buzz, we want to know whether you support the ruling that defined benefit (DB) trustees must equalise GMPs in past transfers.
More than £130bn of company funds are tied up in pension schemes specifically due to lower than expected levels of life expectancy improvements over the last decade, according to PwC.
XPS Pensions Group has launched a scam protection checklist to assist trustees in meeting The Pensions Regulator’s (TPR) scam pledge initiative.
This week’s top stories included the rejection of an automatic guidance amendment in the Pension Schemes Bill, while The Pensions Regulator posted a sharp increase in the use of its powers.
The majority of the pensions industry agrees an eventual net-zero target should not be mandated for schemes as part of the Pension Schemes Bill, according to a Professional Pensions poll.