The recent High Court judgment in Kingsley Napley LLP v Harris & Another is a helpful study on the use of ‘standstill agreements' in pursuing claims and the effect of drafting errors in these documents.
In this case, it was argued that a solicitor's error forced their client to settle their claims for a lower amount. The court was called upon to consider what effect the error had on the client's c...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date