Deficits and funding have topped trustee boards' agendas for decades but, in a surprise turnaround, many schemes are now reporting surpluses for the first time for years.
While many defined benefit (DB) pension schemes are struggling with sponsors' covenants in danger, some have flourished since the Covid-19 pandemic hit the UK in 2020. Indeed, both equities and gil...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date