With the government expected to launch its first of two consultations on collective defined contribution (CDC) early next year, industry attention is demonstrably turning to CDC in decumulation and whether it could be a viable alternative to drawdown at retirement by turning pension pots into income for life.
Existing legislation covers employer-run CDC schemes (single or multiple employers who are part of the same corporate group), but so far, only Royal Mail have taken up the mantle. The Royal Mail mo...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date