Even more industry figures have backed the call for the new coalition government to form a steering group to set out the terms for a permanent pensions commission.
Kevin LeGrand, Steve Delo, Adrian Waddingham and Alan Pickering - all members of Professional Pensions' own pensions commission - said such a permanent commission would help look at long-term pension policies and recommend changes to government on how to make the system sustainable in the long term (PP Online, May 6).
The full list of people backing the idea so far is:
PP Pension Commissioners
- Society of Pension Consultants president-elect and Buck Consultants head of technical services Kevin LeGrand
- PAN Governance chief executive and former Pensions Management Institute chairman Steve Delo
- BESTrustees chairman and former National Association of Pension Funds chairman Alan Pickering
- Barnett Waddingham senior partner and former Association of Consulting Actuaries chairman Adrian Waddingham
- B & C E Insurance director John Jory
- Bowmer and Kirkland pension and benefits manager Keith Parker
- DMGT Pensions head of investment Mike Weston
- Fidelity head of UK defined contribution Julian Webb
- HamishWilson partner Hamish Wilson
- Hargreaves Lansdown head of pensions research Tom McPhail
- House of Fraser pensions manager Chris Parrott
- IMI director of group pensions Peter Flanagan
- Independent pensions consultant Ros Altmann
- Institute of Directors senior pensions policy advisor Malcolm Small
- ITM director John Broker
- John Lewis Partnership head of pensions Dinesh Visavadia
- Kim Gubler Consulting senior partner Kim Gubler
- London Borough of Lewisham Superannuation Fund Michael Dobson
- LV=Employee Pension Scheme pensions manager Mike Acred
- Nabarro partner Anne-Marie Winton
- Pitmans Trustees managing director Richard Butcher
- Plumbing Pensions secretary & pensions manager Robert Burgon
- Punter Southall principal Danny Vassiliades
- Punter Southall head of corporate DC Damian Stancombe
- Reckitt Benckiser Group UK Pensions Manager Tim Wood
- Royal County of Berkshire pension fund manager Nick Greenwood
- Royal London Group head of communications Alasdair Buchanan
- rpmi managing director of administration Robert Branagh
- SAUL Trustee Company chief executive and former Pensions Management Institute chairman Penny Green
- Suffolk Life marketing director John Moret
- Telegraph Media Group pensions manager James Churcher
In this week's Pensions Buzz, we want to know whether you support the ruling that defined benefit (DB) trustees must equalise GMPs in past transfers.
XPS Pensions Group has launched a scam protection checklist to assist trustees in meeting The Pensions Regulator’s (TPR) scam pledge initiative.
This week’s top stories included the rejection of an automatic guidance amendment in the Pension Schemes Bill, while The Pensions Regulator posted a sharp increase in the use of its powers.
The majority of the pensions industry agrees an eventual net-zero target should not be mandated for schemes as part of the Pension Schemes Bill, according to a Professional Pensions poll.
Local Pension Partnership Administration (LPPA) has become the latest organisation to join the Pension Scams Industry Group (PSIG) forum.