Money being channelled through an insurer's platform into external funds under auto-enrolment could put members' pensions at risk if the fund provider went bust.
Standard Life has raised concerns that insurers cannot underwrite the billions of pounds of AE money being invested into external fund links, and has already turned down companies who wish to use c...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date