A majority (51%) of investors have replaced active mutual funds with ETFs in their portfolios, citing liquidity and total cost of ownership as the most important criteria when selecting the passive products, according to the inaugural TrackInsight Global ETF survey.
A further 82% use exchange-traded funds, which celebrate their 20th anniversary in Europe this year, to replace direct investing in equities, but 87% of respondents said they have never used ETFs t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date