Professional Pensions' parent company Incisive Media is excited to bring together a compelling line-up of asset managers, pension fund leaders and keynote speakers specialising in sustainable investing for our must-attend Sustainable Investment Festival this week.
The festival - which begins today and will focus specifically on pensions tomorrow (23 June) - will give delegates a unique insight into the new regulatory requirements of an ESG-focused world, including the impending requirements on Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Delegates will also hear from a range of pensions and investment professionals on how we can tackle the challenges of carbon measurement, the rise of clean energy and the long-term sustainable investment opportunities it creates, and the impactful ways sustainable pensions impact society.
The Festival is still open for free registration and delegates will then be able to access all the sessions over the interactive online event between 22 and 25 June, and later on demand. Click here to view the full agenda for the event, and click here to register and join us live today.
The Festival is also CPD certified across the event, for up to 26 hours of content.
We are excited to be giving Professional Pensions readers unrivalled access to leading pensions experts including lawyers, investment managers, and sustainability executives from across the industry all in one place.
Our speakers are setting the agenda when it comes to sustainable investing and they will be sharing their insights on how this important sector is evolving, and the key trends to look for in the months and years ahead which will impact schemes and retirement savings.
The festival is also a great opportunity to hear how leading asset managers in this space are approaching sustainable investing across their wider fund ranges, and how transparent reporting can help your scheme reach its sustainability and maximise member outcomes.
Our delegates will also have the opportunity to quiz industry experts during our interactive sessions to get the inside story on the big debates gripping our sector, as well as benefit from valuable networking opportunities.
Ten key reasons to attend
- Pensions and financial inclusion minister Guy Opperman will present a leading keynote discussing regulatory changes driving investment decisions, processes and strategies.
- Hear an exclusive session with the Environment Agency Pension Fund on how it set a net-zero target, and the lessons learnt along the way on how a pledge can be taken into reality.
- Join the discussion about how asset owners can make a difference through active stewardship.
- Hear about outsourcing investment management and how to balance the responsibilities of continuing to steward your savers' assets.
- Learn how pension funds avoid the unintended consequences of divestment and the importance of top-down ESG factors.
- Share best practice on regulatory compliance ahead of TCFD in our specialist legal sessions.
- Hear from climate-change activist and hedge fund founder Sir Chris Hohn on influencing and making a positive impact on climate change.
- Discuss the evolution of the ‘S' in ESG in more detail, findings ways that trustees can integrate this across their entire portfolio.
- Address the sustainability skills challenge: Explore the evolving ESG skills required of today's pensions professional.
- Consider how pension funds can effectively hold their fund managers to account.