Introducing a new single rate of tax relief at 25% while axing the higher rate would not massively increase the retirement income of lower and median earners, according to the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA).
Speculation has been rife that the government will overhaul the pensions tax relief system to help shore up the country's finances following the coronavirus pandemic. The PLSA's research - Pensi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date