The cost of pensions tax relief has increased by more than £4bn to £41.3bn, according to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
HMRC figures - published yesterday (30 September) - revealed the ‘gross cost' of pensions tax relief hit £41.3bn in 2019/20, up from £38.2bn the year prior. The figures also showed that tax paid...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date