The Financial Conduct Authority's response to the British Steel defined benefit (DB) transfer scandal, which saw thousands of workers given unsuitable advice to quit the final salary pension scheme, is to be investigated by the National Audit Office (NAO).
The NAO said the investigation is scheduled to begin next spring and would be overseen by director Charles Nancarrow and audit manager Ivan O'Brien. It added the probe would set out the activiti...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date