The industry has been speculating on what chancellor Rishi Sunak might announce for pensions in the Spring Statement today (23 March) with triple lock, auto-enrolment (AE) and tax changes leading the discussions.
As we head into the new financial year, AJ Bell estimates that interest payments on government debt soared from £37.5bn to £67bn during 2021/22 after increased focus on the Covid-19 crisis dominate...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date