To understand the nature of the "serious consequence" [of selecting sole trustees for your scheme - as mentioned by the Association of Member-Nominated Trustees (AMNT)], I think you first need to understand the nature of the sole trustee proposition, as despite the umbrella term there is quite a wide range of sole trustee models.
Some sole trustees are sole traders, a single person, employed by their own company or self-employed. Some are a single person, typically self-employed but with the support of a larger organisation...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date