The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has come under fire in an episode of BBC’s Panorama for its failure to protect pensions savers and investors who lost a collective £46m when a property investment scheme collapsed.
The documentary showed how the FCA was alerted to the "boiler room" tactics being employed to market the Blackmore Bond several years ago and failed to act for two years. In the programme, the F...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date