Chancellor Jeremy Hunt avoided tinkering with pension rules in his first speech as chancellor, with pretty much its only mention being the reinstatement of the triple lock on state retirement benefits.
Millions of state pensioners will see their payments increase by just over 10% in April when the triple lock - the mechanism by which increases are determined - will be reinstated from its lower ‘d...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date