An overhaul to the tax treatment of pension pots after death would improve the fairness of the tax system, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
The IFS's Death and taxes and pensions report - published today (15 December) - found defined contribution pensions are being increasingly used by savers to bequeath their retirement savings after ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date