The Bank of England has raised interest rates by 50 basis points to 3.5%, in a split decision from the central bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
The hike, announced today (15 December), came following the news the UK's inflation rate had dropped to 10.7% in November. Six MPC members voted to hike rates by 0.5%, while two members, Swati D...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date