The aggregate surplus of UK defined benefit schemes is estimated to have decreased to £374.4bn at the end of January 2023, from a surplus of £376.7bn at the end of December 2022, latest PPF 7800 data from the Pension Protection Fund shows.
The lifeboat fund said the funding ratio of the 5,131 schemes in its PPF 7800 index decreased from 136.5% at the end of December 2022 to 134.8%. It said total assets of the schemes were £1,450.6...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date