The announcement that the government will introduce free childcare in a phased approach has been welcomed by the pensions industry for its potential effects on the gender pensions gap.
On Wednesday (15 March) chancellor Jeremy Hunt announced plans to introduce 30 hours of free childcare per week for working parents of children aged nine months and older by September 2025. The ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date