With rumours once again swirling around the future of pensions tax relief in the run up to this year's Budget, any reduced incentive for long-term savers could risk further exacerbating the generational divide in pensions, says Tom Selby
One of these days I'm going to run a sweepstake for when the annual ‘higher-rate pension tax relief is about to be axed' rumour first gets aired. This year, if you'd backed the last weekend of Augu...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date