Aviva's annual general meeting this week highlighted how far we still have to go in ensuring equality in the boardroom, and in business in general.
At the AGM meeting, Amanda Blanc, Aviva's chief executive, was told that she was ‘not the man for the job' by a shareholder. Another shareholder asked whether she should be ‘wearing trousers'. C...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date