In January, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) published final regulations requiring defined contribution (DC) trustees to implement a ‘stronger nudge’ to members who want to either take or transfer their ‘flexible benefits’ (broadly DC benefits).
"Ok but I'm running a defined benefit scheme so I can stop reading now, right?" Not so fast my friend. DC additional voluntary contributions are flexible benefits so if your scheme contains them...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date