What a year it was! 2022 had it all. Investors were whipsawed by wild swings in markets driven by inconsistent government policy and punctuated by a dramatic spike in gilt rates in September.
Rising rates resulted in negative returns for most fixed income indices, and equity markets felt the pain as profit margins were squeezed by increasing input costs. So, what does 2023 have in st...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date