The onset of the pandemic dented asset valuations but it will take time to understand the true cost for defined benefit (DB) schemes.
The Covid crisis could undermine a number of schemes with already weak covenant sponsors and tip a significant number into the Pension Protection Fund (PPF). But while there are reasons for concern...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date