It can be reasoned the recent collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and the crisis in the UK liability-driven investment (LDI) market were both the victims of market fragility induced by an unprecedented campaign of monetary tightening which has defined much of the last year and resulted in simultaneous selloffs across all major asset classes.
Navigating such market conditions is essential for institutional investors who must generate a return to keep up with their liabilities. In particular, many defined benefit (DB) schemes are now on ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date