SPAIN - The Spanish government denied it planned to increase the number of contributory years needed to retire, but said it would continue with plans to raise the pension age by two years.
In a statement, the government said it amended the Stability Plan 2009 - 2013 originally sent to the European Commission on January 29. The document initially contained a paragraph explaining Spain...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date