Local government pension schemes will be free to reform the fund and deliver savings to government without imposing a 3.2 percentage point increase on employees' contributions, PP understands.
The LGPS has been granted autonomy to formulate its own package of reforms while still helping deliver additional savings of £1.8bn required for all schemes across the public sector by the Treasury...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date