Reductions in annual EU migration in the event of Brexit could force the government to lower the state pension and further increase the age it can be accessed.
The report by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) found reducing EU migration by 150,000 people following Brexit could cost the government over £3bn annually in lost taxe...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date