The volume of insured buyouts from FTSE 100 defined benefit (DB) schemes could increase from £5bn to £300bn by 2029, according to Lane Clark & Peacock (LCP).
In a report published today (25 March) - the consultancy said if current conditions persist, then it predicts up to 40 companies will be likely to reach or be close to fully funded on buyout basis ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date