A former energy and climate change secretary has said that by continuing to invest in fossil fuel firms, pension schemes are just making the climate change crisis even worse.
Sir Ed Davey, who is Liberal Democrat MP for Kingston and Surbiton, called on both private and public sector funds to urgently start divesting from "increasingly risky" fossil fuel assets and reinv...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date