The government should consider making auto-enrolment (AE) minimum contributions compulsory and removing tax-relief from this sum, Baroness Ros Altmann says.
Outlined in policy paper on radical simplification of pension tax rules to include one-nation incentives, Altmann said this could be an "oppotune time" for such a "revenue raising reform". Total...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date