The Department for Communities in Northern Ireland has proposed rules to remedy historic age discrimination for its Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) following the widespread McCloud reform.
In a consultation paper published yesterday (November 11) the department said the McCloud reform would apply from April 2022 to LGPS (NI). It proposed changes to the scheme's statutory underpin pro...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date