Professional Pensions is holding a webinar on how the pensions industry can make a real impact when it comes to ESG – asking what is better, to engage or to divest.
The webinar - held in partnership with Scottish Widows - will take place on Thursday 26 November at 2pm.
Speakers at the event will include Department for Work and Pensions senior policy adviser David Farrar; Church of England Pensions Board deputy director of ethics and engagement Stephen Barrie; Scottish Widows head of pension investments Maria Nazarova-Doyle; Hymans Robertson senior DC investment consultant Callum Stewart; and ShareAction pensions industry campaign manager Lauren Peacock.
In particular, this webinar will discuss:
• What is more effective, divestment or engagement?
• What are the pros and cons of each approach?
• Where should pension providers draw the line on exclusions?
• How do you use ESG to provide a stable long-term return for your customers?
• What are member expectations around what their pension scheme should and shouldn't invest in?
• Should ESG be mainstreamed in savings or a choice for specialist savers?
To register, or to find out more, visit: https://webinars.professionalpensions.com/Engage-or-Divest
Asset manager Robeco has set a goal to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions across all its investments by 2050.
The winners of the Professional Pensions Investment Awards 2020 have been announced.
Legal and General Retirement (LGR) has committed to cutting the carbon emission intensity of its annuity book by half by 2030, while the overall group targets a net-zero portfolio by 2050.