Defined benefit (DB) pension schemes almost recovered to pre-coronavirus levels in the third quarter after strong performance of growth assets and a rise in nominal interest rates.
Legal & General Investment Management's (LGIM) analysis found the average DB fund can expect to pay 95.5% of accrued pension benefits as of the end of September, up 2% from the end of June. At the ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date