Quilter has uncovered through a freedom of information (FoI) request that around 400 NHS doctors have paid more than £11m in unnecessary lifetime allowance (LTA) charges.
The wealth manager said the FoI data showed that 413 members who have retired and paid LTA tax charges could have benefited from Individual Protection 2016 (IP16), which enables individuals to prot...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date