UK annual Consumer Prices Index (CPI) inflation reached 4.2% in October, its highest level since November 2011, and up from 3.1% in September.
While CPI overshot market expectations of 3.9%, inflation outstripped the consensus across core CPI (which excludes energy, food, alcohol and tobacco) and the housing cost eqivalent, CPIH, accordin...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date