The Department for Work and Pensions’ (DWP) plans to scrap the Bauer judgment raises “serious issues of pension protection”, according to Lane Clark & Peacock (LCP).
The DWP is planning to overturn a 2019 ruling by the European Court of Justice which protected workers against falling below the poverty line when their company pension failed. The Bauer judgmen...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date