Two former trustees have been sentenced to serve jail time for fraud by abuse of position as part of a criminal prosecution brought by The Pensions Regulator (TPR) at Southwark Crown Court this afternoon (22 April).
Alan Barratt of Althorne, Essex and Susan Dalton of Rochdale, Lancashire were found guilty of fraud by abuse of position in breach of the Fraud Act 2006 after they were accused by TPR of persuading...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date