The recent fall in defined benefit (DB) pension transfer values continued to accelerate in May, with the month-end value at £217,00 - the lowest since June 2016, according to XPS Pensions Group.
The fall of 7% over May was due to a further increase in gilt yields and a further fall in long term inflation expectations, despite the continued current high inflation rates, XPS said. In April i...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date