The average transfer value fell to £197,000 at the end of August, over £70,000 below the high reached eight months previously, according to XPS Pension Group’s transfer value index.
The sustained fall in the index over 2022 has been driven by rises in long-term gilt yields, which reached 3.3% per annum at the end of August. Rising gilt yields have meant that many transfer valu...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date