The next prime minister Rishi Sunak will enjoy a honeymoon period and a relief rally in the markets as he takes on the role today (25 October), but experts have warned that it may be short-lived.
The former chancellor has been successful in his bid to become the new Conservative Party leader and thus next prime minister, replacing Liz Truss, who resigned on 20 October after just 44 days in ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date