National Grid has disclosed it has provided short-term loans totalling £325m to its UK schemes as a result of the large shifts in government bond yields in September and October.
The utility half-year results revealed its IAS 19 pensions surplus fall by 14.3% over the six months to 30 September - meaning its net pensions and other post-retirement benefit obligations positio...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date