A tax measure introduced in the 2021 Budget to reduce the cost of pension tax relief will raise twice as much for the Treasury as originally expected, analysis by Lane Clark & Peacock (LCP) reveals.
The consultancy said pension tax relief is currently limited by the lifetime allowance (LTA), which means that when pensions worth more than the LTA are accessed a special tax charge is levied on t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date