The Bank of England (BoE) will start selling the government bonds it purchased in the aftermath of the UK market chaos caused by the Mini Budget from today (29 November).
Unlike prior gilt sale operations where there is a fixed amount to be raised, the BoE will sell long-maturity and index-linked gilts based on market demand to avoid hurting markets. The tempora...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date