The pensions industry has dubbed the government's response to the Work and Pensions Committee (WPC) paper on pension freedoms as "bleak" and "dangerous".
In its response to the WPC paper - published yesterday (23 January) - the government rejected a number of proposals put forward including calls to set out a timetable to increase pension contributi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date